South Dakota Public Health Reporting
The state of South Dakota supports the electronic submission of Electronic Lab Reporting, Syndromic Surveillance, Electronic Case Reporting, and Bi-Directional Immunizations.
- For ELR submission, please fill out the SD ELR Connection Questionnaire.
- For SS submission, please fill out the SD SS form.
- For EICR, please fill out the Electronic Initial Case Reporting Registration.
- For Immunizations, please fill out the SD IIS form.
Use the DOH Contact page for any questions you have, or for more information on ELR, SS, eCR, or Immunizations.
The CMS Promoting Interoperability Program (PIP) and CMS Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) have both recently changed their requirements for the Public Health and Clinical Data Exchange measure. Beginning in January 2022, hospitals, critical access hospitals, and eligible providers participating in PIP or MIPS are required to implement electronic case reporting (eCR).
NOTE: SD Electronic Lab Reporting is for test results performed in a lab. If the result of the test is determined outside of a lab, it is not reportable to SD.
NOTE: Effective April 4, 2022 the reporting conditions from HHS have changed.
- SARS-CoV-2 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) testing conducted in a facility certified under CLIA to perform moderate- or high-complexity tests are to report all test reports (positive, negative, inconclusive).
- All other SARS-CoV-2 testing (except antibody and self-administered testing) must report positive results. South Dakota does not require negative results to be reported, effective April 4, 2022.