Seeking Volunteers to Serve on the SDHL Advisory Council
South Dakota Health Link (SDHL), the state’s health information exchange, is seeking up to 4 volunteers to serve on the SDHL Advisory Council. The Advisory Council plays a key role in development, enhancement, and strategic direction of SDHL and provides input on new and emerging technology necessary to ensure SDHLs viability and sustainability.
Individuals with a strong understanding and commitment to health care data interoperability and exchange, and those who possess creative and innovative ideas around enhancing technology, member recruitment, and the advancement of health information exchange would find participation valuable. Implementation of the 2021-2023 SDHL Roadmap will be the focus for the Advisory Council members.
New Advisory Council members will join for our October 2021 in-person and your term will be randomly selected to serve 1-2 years. Members will participate in 4-6 meetings per year with one in-person meeting and the rest done virtually.
New members will join existing Advisory Council members:
- Joan Adam – Department of Health (Council Chair)
- Deb Fischer-Clemens – Avera Health
- Heather Bindel – Rapid City Medical Center
- Dr. Stephanie Lahr – Regional Health
- Nicole Rinehart – Madison Regional Health
- Benjamin “Eli” Seeley – Avera Health
- Scott Weatherill – Horizon Health Care, Inc.
- Bernie Long – Oyate Health Center
- Nancy McDonald – SD Foundation for Medical Care
- Bill Snyder – Department of Social Services (Medicaid)
- Kevin DeWald – SDHL
- Alex Middendorf, Pharm.D. – SDSU College of Pharmacy
- Mitchell Rave – Sanford Health
- Sean White – Health Catalyst (SDHL vendor representative)
If you would like to be considered for the SDHL Advisory Council please submit your letter of interest to Lisa Fox no later than August 13, 2021. Your letter should include how your expertise and participation can assist with new and advanced technology opportunities, member recruitment, and provide vision toward the future of health information exchange. Appointments will be announced by August 31, 2021.