PDMP Data Available Through Health Link
The Prescription Drug Monitoring Program (PDMP) is a statewide electronic database developed to track distribution and use of controlled substances. These programs have been established to improve patient care by providing prescribers and pharmacists with a comprehensive controlled substance history for their patients and to help identify potential abuse or misuse of controlled substances. South Dakota Health Link’s Point of Care Exchange allows providers to access the state’s PDMP within the portal. The Prescription Monitoring Program tab displays filled Schedule II, III, IV, and V prescriptions as reported by dispensers.
For providers to use this feature through SD Health Link, they must complete the following steps:
- If you currently have an account with SD’s PMP AWARxE, log in and update your account to include your NPI number.
- If you do not have a SD PMP AWARxE account, go through the program’s website at http://southdakota.pmpaware.net and click “Create an Account.”
- Contact the SD PDMP with questions by emailing email@example.com
- Once your SD PMP AWARxE account is update or approved, reach out to South Dakota Health Link to create your end user account
- Lastly, schedule training with South Dakota Health Link staff for the Point of Care Exchange.