Real-Time Visit Alerts for COVID – 19 Populations
South Dakota Health Link’s (SDHL) Event Notification service (Notify) enables medical personnel to receive real-time alerts when a patient has a healthcare encounter. Notify is included at no additional cost with the Point of Care membership.
During this COVID 19 pandemic, providers using Notify have the ability to receive real-time notifications for COVID-19 or high-risk patients when they receive care across the SDHL network. These customized subscriptions, allow providers to upload their cohort of patients, choose which alerts are most relevant to them, and choose the delivery mechanism. Coupled with the Point of Care, providers would then be able to access relevant clinical information to better coordinate care for their patients.
Benefits of Participating in Event Notifications:
- Real-time notification of hospital visits (admit, discharges, readmit or ER) for active patients in their practice
- Patient death notifications for events that happen within a hospital setting
- Proactively coordinate patients’ care and schedule any necessary follow-up treatment or visits
- Single sign on to the Point of Care Exchange to view medical information from their patient’s encounter
- Readmission Alerts – SDHL will automatically alert when there is an readmission within 30 days of discharge.
SDHL Team members are available to help assist providers with training, creating subscriptions, and creating patient cohorts. For more information or to scheduled training for Notify please contact us here or call 605-256-5867.
To read more about how HIEs are assisting in the COVID-19 Pandemic, click here.